Dear Brothers and Sisters,
We extend our love to you and want you to know we are praying for your safety and well-being.
This is a time of significant challenge and economic struggle for many as efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19 continue and devastating wildfires burn across Washington, Oregon and California. We assure each of you that our Heavenly Father and His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ, are mindful of us and our individual needs. We can turn to Them for peace and comfort.
Sunday, September 27, 2020, is a fast Sunday. It is also the weekend just prior to October General Conference. As an Area Presidency, we invite you to join us in a special day of fasting and mighty prayer. The purpose of this fast is five-fold:
- To pray for increased understanding and personal revelation in preparation for general conference and the prophetic guidance and messages we will receive.
- To pray that those suffering the physical, emotional, and economic impact of COVID-19 will be blessed according to their needs.
- To pray that the hearts of people everywhere will be softened and turned toward the Lord in humility and that faith in Jesus Christ will increase on the earth.
- To pray for spiritual strength to overcome fear and anxiety, for inspiration to protect ourselves and our families, and for the awareness and ability to minister to those in need.
- To ask the Lord to bless and inspire our leaders as they address the complex challenges facing our nation and seek to protect the health and well-being of all people.
We invite you to consider a generous fast offering and based on your personal circumstances, a donation to the Humanitarian Fund. We encourage each of you to seek opportunities to reach out to those around you who need assistance and support.
Kevin W. Pearson
Scott D. Whiting
Mark A. Bragg
North America West Area Presidency